- CEAR operates a regular passenger train service with standard Class Coaches among Limbe-Balaka and Liwonde-Nayuchi.
- We have standard coaches with the following facilities; air condition, bedding and catering facilities light meals and refreshments. These coaches are available for special hiring arrangements.
- CEAR moves containerized, bagged, wet and bulk cargo. CEAR provides import and export services to and fro Malawi via Port of Nacala.
- This service is operated in unit trains of 1800 freight ton or 42 wagons of freight.
- Such freight could be from a single customer or shared by more than one customer.
- The transit time to and from points in Malawi to Nacala port for these trains is, on average, 34 hours.