Central East African Railways PLC (CEAR) is the first railway company in Malawi operating in the Nacala corridor, thereby connecting countries of Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia. The company is focused on transportation of passengers and general cargo. In line with its turnaround programme, CEAR is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to be considered for the positions
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and the company will offer competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications should be sent by 19th February 2018 to the following email address: email@example.com . Please clearly indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for as advertised.
Roles & Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a similar or same function
- Good command of English
- Good communication skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Develop, implement and monitor strategic plan for CEAR in line with your area of responsibility.
- To manage and ensure that Contractors for outsourced employees that work directly in CEAR comply with CEAR policies, norms and procedures as agreed with them.
- Effective management of company fleet of vehicles to ensure smooth operations of the company.
- Keep detailed up-to-date database of all company’s real estates – houses and buildings as well manage these properties in accordance with company rules and procedures.
- Ensure that all tenants of CEAR property have an up-to date contracts and there is no sub-letting of CEAR property without approval from CEAR.
- To manage and coordinate insurance for CEAR in terms of vehicles, rolling stock and other properties that may be added from time to time – claims will have to be made on time, followed up and refunds collected in time as well. The insurance will also co
- Coordinate with VALE on insurance related issues.
- To manage all CEAR head office and station facilities to ensure the best hygienic conditions for offices, workstations and toilets. This includes but not limited to provision of cleaning materials in all areas of operations so that we have uniform hygie
- To manage all bookings of company events, venues and transport for employees and guests.
- To produce monthly reports as may be requested.
- To carry out assignments as may be assigned from time to time.