Central East African Railways PLC (CEAR) is the first railway company in Malawi operating in the Nacala corridor, thereby connecting countries of Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia. The company is focused on transportation of passengers and general cargo. In line with its turnaround programme, CEAR is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to be considered for the positions:
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and the company will offer competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications should be sent by 19th February 2018 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please clearly indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for as advertised.
Roles & Expectations
- University degree in any field from a reputable University.
- Specialised Police training.
- Valid Driving License.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Safety consciousness is a must
- High degree of integrity and honesty
- Good track record
- Human Rights training and Good Investigation skills
- Computer literacy
- Participate in the process of negotiation, supervising and monitoring contractor services
- Participate in the budget planning of works and services of reform and maintenance of building facilities and other related activities.
- Elaborate budget reports and charts, automated spreadsheets, service measurement tables, in addition to various internal controls, approve measurement bulletins.
- Conduct economic feasibility studies of reduction / optimization of costs with contracts and services of surveillance, concierge and various services related to Business Security.
- Perform intellectual property services (trademarks, patents, copyrights and technology transfer).
- Maintain a channel of communication with internal and external suppliers and customers, in order to take action in situations of non-compliance.
- Train and recycle own and third parties, in Human Rights, values and principles and ethical conduct.
- Comply and enforce Business Security Plan and its Tools and act in accordance with the precepts and corporate guidelines of the Human Rights and Corporate Security Policy.
- Act preventively in the fight against fraud and illicit activities and in the mitigation of intentional actions against CEAR.
- Coordinate the employment of outsourced security, ordinance and reception, together with contracted companies and their agents.
- Support in the planning and use of Environmental Security resources, in order to ensure the sustainability of the Environmental Preservation areas of CEAR.
- Establish the maintenance of a good relationship with the communities surrounding CEAR facilities in area of operation.